T1 and T2 are Optical Heads based on the sensor chips Faintstar and its predecessor LCMS, both developed under ESA contracts. LCMS and Faintstar are CMOS Active Pixel Sensors with a suite of integrated on-chip functionality supporting a complete new class of miniaturized high performance star trackers.
Terma has taken the miniaturization challenge as far as possible, without compromising the accuracy required from a state-of-the-art star tracker.
The new Optical Heads have been designed with very few components, for high reliability and low recurrent cost. The Optical Heads are offered with SpaceWire interface, enabling an optimal solution for mass, power and cost savings, by connecting the Optical Head directly to the S/C on board computer, without the need for the dedicated Electronic Unit.
• Rad-hard aspherical large aperture optics with outstanding straylight attenuation
• Completely separated baffle and camera for best thermal stability
• Kinematic mounting legs, compatibility to any S/C panel CTE
• Optical Head stand alone
• Optical Head + SW library
• Optical Head + Electronic Unit (fully autonomous)
• The T2 has flight heritage
• The T1, using the same optics and mechanics, has gone through ground qualification
• Electronic Unit will reach TRL 8 in Q1 2019